Thursday, July 3, 2008

Dear Today Show,

I watch the Today Show on a regular basis.  I tune in most mornings to get the headlines and the weather while I get ready for the day.  I recognize that it is a morning show so to a certain extent you have to soften the hard news a bit to make it more palatable for AM viewers.  I appreciate the variety of current events, health news and human interest stories that you air.


HOWEVER, must you cover the sordid details of the private lives of a famous model and her icky husband?  At 7:30 in the morning?  Last I checked our country is fighting in 2 wars.  I can only imagine how I would feel if I had a loved one fighting in Iraq and I tuned in to the Today Show (on the eve of the 4th of July no less) only to find coverage of the ugly divorce of some celebrity.

Please be better that this.  There are some reasonably intelligent people watching your show for news.  People can get their entertainment gossip from any number of web sites or during your goofy fourth hour of programming.

You may be the number one morning news show, but today you embarrassed yourselves.

0 comments:

 
Template by yummylolly.com