Friday, December 5, 2008

Our Jesse Tree

I was going to post some pictures of our Jesse Tree but something weird is going on with either me, Blogger or my computer.  For some reason I can't post pictures to my blog.  Weird.


It's probably me.

Anyway, I'm loving the whole Jesse Tree thing.  

For starters, we had a great time painting each of the ornaments.  Obi Wan-da tried her best to conform to the guidelines for each ornament.  She really did, but the girl can't help herself.  She added smiley faces to every one of her ornaments and to some of mine, too.  Yesterday we hung the ornament representing God's promise to Abraham.  There's a camel, a tent and a big smiley face at the top.  I love it so much that we're going to use it with our grandchildren.

We've been super busy this week; PB's been working late every night this week getting the lighting ready for our church's Christmas musical.  The Jesse Tree has been great because it has forced us all to stop and focus on the advent for a few minutes each day.  It's so great to watch the puzzle pieces of God's redemptive plan start to come together for the kids - especially for Doc Brown.

Also, the Jesse Tree devotional I purchased is great because there are two devotions for each day: one for children and one for adults.  In addition to the children's version we're doing as a family, I've been doing the adult version for my quiet time.  I can't tell you what a blessing that has been already.  I grew up in the church so I often let familiarity with the Christmas story dilute my awe of the miracle of the nativity.

I don't think that's going to happen this year.

I know we're only five days into it, but I'm certain we've found a new family tradition.

1 comments:

Cheryl said...

awww... hope the picture problem gets resolved! would love to see pics.

 
Template by yummylolly.com