Wednesday, January 21, 2009

1 Routine please, and a side of fries

For a mom and two kids who thrive with a routine, we've been sorely lacking in that department lately.


Between cooties (it's Doc's turn now) and holidays we've not had a "normal" week since November.  I'm squeezing in schoolwork when I can, but I pulled the plug on today's studies when Doc started spiking another fever.  The best I can hope for is that he'll accidentally learn something from the good people at PBS Kids today.

This is where I'm supposed to insert the speech we've all heard so many times.  Relax.  Enjoy this free time to hang out and do nothing together.  I get it.  Really.  I know this is a gift.  But there are times when you can have too much of a good thing.  This would be one of those times.

I want my routine back.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

I like routine too. It always takes me a couple of weeks to adjust to summer break and the adjust to when they go back to school. Hope he feels better soon!

Cheryl said...

see... yours was succinct.

 
Template by yummylolly.com