Saturday, January 3, 2009

Thank You List Saturday - Naps and Caffiene

PB, the kids and I went to a New Year's Eve party the other night with absolutely no intention of staying until midnight.  We were the first to arrive and unabashedly told our friends we would be the first to leave as well.

We weren't.

Great conversation, a rousing game of "Apples to Apples", PB's debut "Rock Band" performance and a lot of great food were too big a temptation for us.

The other night was the first time I stayed up to watch the ball drop since 2000.  I like my early bedtime.  More importantly, I like my children's early bedtime.  So our late night partying ways have had a serious impact on our collective disposition.

Thankfully we have a time honored home remedy for our problem: heavy doses of caffeine followed by an afternoon nap.

Repeat.

Often.

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

we've been early to bed people for years now too (since the kids arrived, come to think of it!)... but sometimes I miss hanging!

Andrea said...

We stayed at our friends house until 1:15AM after telling ourselves we would leave at 11:00pm:)

 
Template by yummylolly.com