Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Thank God for Prayer

Have you ever had to watch helplessly as people you care about have to go through a fiery trial?  Over the past month several of my friends/acquaintances/loved ones have been faced with tremendous challenges and loss.


I struggle for the right words of comfort, in my vanity thinking that my words can somehow bring instantaneous healing.  I praise God that in each of these situations the people suffering have a personal relationship with Jesus. 

Thankfully, the Lord has given me a very real and very powerful tool as their sister in Christ.  I can lift them up in prayer, not giving God a to do list of how to fix these situations, but earnestly trusting in the depth of love He has for these people and His perfect plan to bring them comfort, healing and restoration.

And so I will pray (hopefully keeping my foot out of my mouth), thankful for these precious people and the ability to lift them up in prayer to the only One who can heal their hurts.




0 comments:

 
Template by yummylolly.com