Monday, September 22, 2008

Sniffles at Disney

Continuing the weekend trip report...


We spent Saturday at MGM (I know it has a new name, but it will always be MGM to me) watching my brother-in-law's group sing their final set after 14 years performing in the park.  

Pastor Bass Man (working title, I'm coming up with a better one) and the rest of the guys put on an amazing show which I was totally expecting.  What I wasn't expecting was getting choked up during the first three sets and then outright crying during the last.  I didn't see that coming at all, but it wasn't really caused by nostalgia on my part.  I was just so moved watching four remarkably talented but completely humble guys honored by their family, friends, co-workers and fans.  (How cool to have actual fans!)  

It was clear these godly men have made a lasting impression on people.  I think it has a lot to do with the fact that it is so unusual these days to find people who are enjoying the fruits of God-given gifts well used, but are also humble when acclamation comes their way.  I'm really glad they were given the chance to see what they mean to the people they have entertained and worked with over the years and thankful we had the chance to be spectators on their special day.

2 comments:

Mike Boyd said...

AMEN!!

Steph C. said...

I never got to see them perform!! I hope one day in a different venue I'll get the chance...

 
Template by yummylolly.com