Saturday, September 13, 2008

Thank You List Saturday #3

Is it Saturday already?  Amazing.


Anyway, here's what I'm thankful for today:  our local public library system.

I love, love, love to read.  I read at least one book a week so by my conservative estimate the library saves me $475 a year.  I'm sure I wouldn't read nearly as many books if I had to buy all of them and I'd probably stick with authors I'm familiar with because I wouldn't want to risk wasting money.  That would be a shame because I would have missed out on authors like Dorothy Gilman, Celia Rivenbark and Bill Bryson to name a few.

Our local library system is particularly good because you can order books online and have them delivered to your home free of charge.  THAT is a beautiful thing.  I should also add that our county carries a wide selection of Christian authors and for that I am very thankful.

Last night I wrapped up "Bet Your Bottom Dollar" by Karin Gillespie which came highly recommended by Hillside Hollow and I agree - it's a fun read.  I'm joining a book club and we're supposed to read J.I. Packer's "Knowing God" for our October get together so while I wait for that one to arrive (I'm breaking down and buying it) I think I'm going to give Liz Curtis Higgs a try and start reading "Bookends" tonight.  

Free, stress relieving entertainment.  That's a very good thing and I'm very thankful for it.

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

I love the Christian authors that are enlightening and make you laugh too.

Lori said...

Rene Gutteridge is a good one.

 
Template by yummylolly.com