Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Works for Me Wednesday

Cheap, Chemical-Free Household Cleaner

This is one a lot of mom's probably know already, but in case you haven't heard about this...

I'm attempting to get as much of the chemical garbage out of our house as possible because I read and hear so much these days about the potential hazards chemicals present, especially to our kids.  

The first and easiest product for me to tackle has been my household cleaners.  You can buy some really good natural stuff at the store, but they come with a hefty price tag.  Here's a recipe for a cheap surface cleaner that won't leave a residue:

8 oz distilled white vinegar
8 oz water
3-4 drops of lemongrass oil
(this leaves a nice, clean, lemony scent to cover the vinegar and can be purchased at your local health food store)


We're not a crunchy, granola family (not by a long shot), but I'm just trying to tackle some of the little things because I figure a little bit is better than nothing.

You can find more "Works for Me Wednesday" household and parenting tips over at Rocks in My Dryer.  Today she's tackling cheap Halloween costumes.

Have a great day!

2 comments:

Charlotte said...

I love the addition of the lemongrass oil. I posted a site with more ways to have clean cleaners :)

Cheryl said...

great idea! I'll have to check that out.

 
Template by yummylolly.com