Saturday, November 8, 2008

Thank You List Saturday #11

Greetings from Phoenix, AZ!!! It feels strange to be on the internet after nearly a week of computer detox. Anyway, it's great to be able to check in with my thank you list. I have a LOT to be thankful for.
I'm thankful that I had a great trip with the sistahs (including the Knittingwannabe). There might be a few strangers in Arizona that think we shouldn't have been out without a chaperone, but we had so much fun. Lots of laughter until we cried and long heartfelt talks. Awesome.
I'm really thankful that we didn't:

a) Fall over the side of the South Rim
b) Die of hypothermia
c) Die of dehydration
d) All of the above

D!

I'm thankful that I get to serve the God who made the Grand Canyon. Seriously, standing in the middle of the canyon, surrounded by the wonders of His creation gave me much needed perspective on how big He is and how small I am. What a precious gift to be loved by such a powerful and creative God. He blessed us with perfect weather and I'm convinced we saw the bluest sky He ever made. Incredible. (I'll post pictures next week and you'll see what I'm talking about.)
Finally, I'm thankful I have an awesome husband and two precious children to go home to. The absence only made my heart grow fonder and I know I'm going to drive them crazy with hugs and kisses when I get home.
I'm off to breakfast and a little more gab time with the girls before we catch our plane. I'm looking forward to catching up with everybody and hearing about your weeks!

1 comments:

Cheryl said...

saw a few pics and it sure did look beautiful! That's big sky country out there! Praise the Lord in His creation! Can't wait to see more photos.

 
Template by yummylolly.com