Sunday, February 1, 2009

Super Johnny Come Lately

Cardinals vs Steelers.


That about sums up how much I know about tonight's Super Bowl.  I don't know who's favored to win or by how much.  I don't know the nice guy to criminal ratio for either team.  Frankly, I don't care.  

But we are so going to watch.

Because I have spectatin' food.  

I love wings, mozzarella sticks, chips and french onion dip, but I have a weird hang-up about appropriate settings for their consumption.  There has to be a party or a sporting event to watch while we eat them because otherwise it would just feel odd.

Kind of like eating pumpkin pie in July; it's just wrong.

We were planning on going to a Super Bowl party but the kids have been worn out from too many late nights so we thought it would be better to keep them home and have our own little shindig.  We'll watch the commercials (which are the best part of the game anyway) with our fingers poised over the forward button in order to zip through any ads with hoochie mamas.

At halftime we'll pop over to ABC for their Wipeout Special because nothing entertains us like muddy people bouncing off big, red balls.  Afterwards we'll catch The Office and hope for some great Creed and Kelly moments.

We'll try and catch some of the game, too.  I'll root for the underdog... if I can figure out which team that is.

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

That sounds like a great plan. Me? I think I'll skip the game and wait for The Office. Not sure what time that will be and considering I have to be up and out of here at about 4 am I may have to catch it later. I asked Ben (Marissa's hubby) to DVR it for me in case I have to miss it.

Lisa said...

Cardinals. Think Bucs when they wore Creamsicle Orange...before Tony Dungy and Jon Gruden came along. Never been to a Super Bowl...definitely the 'dogs today.

 
Template by yummylolly.com