Friday, March 20, 2009

I believe this is my stop

I'm getting off the hamster wheel now.


I've been very busy the past couple of weeks and often when I get too busy I get a little twitty.  I start to lose focus and walk around with a perpetual guilt trip that I'm not getting enough done or I'm not getting the right things done.

There isn't a single person in my life who has told me that I'm slacking or even implied that what I'm doing isn't good enough.

It's all in my head.

The inside of my head has not been a pretty place lately.

When I get like this I have good days and bad days, but inevitably there comes a tipping point and often I tip in the direction of a meltdown.  My warning signs are withdrawal and impatience... I've been edging toward withdrawal and very short on patience this week.

But this morning as I prayed about this the Lord laid it on my heart that I'm running on a hamster wheel and He never put me there.  

Yes, I've been busy and I will continue to be busy into the early part of next week.  Every single thing on my calendar for the next four days is a blessing and I really don't want to not do any one of them.  And in this case, I don't think God wants me to drop any of them.

But I know He wants me to chill.

The hamster wheel isn't in my schedule... it's in my brain.  So I'm going to purpose for the next four days to quit freaking out and just take each item on my agenda one at a time and ENJOY THEM.

God doesn't do hamster wheels so neither should I.

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

I'm bookmarking this post to return frequently!

ann marie said...

good reminder... i get like that too, overwhelmed always of my own doing

Mozi Esme said...

Well said - something I need to keep reminding myself of, too...

 
Template by yummylolly.com