Just popping in to say hi during my unintentional blogging break (still not quite sure how long it's going to go on). I'm way, way, way behind reading blogs and I think Google Reader is going to pass out from exhaustion when I finally get a chance to go through them. I hope everybody is doing well.
- We have three weeks left to go in our school year and I'm definitely having end of year mully grubs. I was sharing my rundown state with a friend who said, "You just taught your son kindergarten. You need to sit on that for a while and give yourself a break." She's a good friend.
- Looking forward to the upcoming homeschool convention. I'm a big school supply geek so I'm especially looking forward to the vendor exhibits. I have a budget. I must stick to my budget. Rinse. Repeat.
- We're taking three weeks off this summer before diving into 1st grade. Just three weeks because we get nutty around here with too much time off (a lesson I learned when I tried taking the month of December off - big mistake). Also, it's too hot to do much outside in July and August so we might as well do school in the AC and take time off to play outside in the fall.
- It's been raining for three days straight and will likely continue for at least another three. Our dry state needs as much rain as possible as we head into wildfire season, but my brain needs sunshine or I'll be heading into crazy season.
- I did the math and realized that we were spending $14 a week on bread (we eat sandwiches everyday for lunch - I'm not original - the kids don't care and neither do I) so now I'm making our bread. I've been toying with various whole wheat bread recipes and am still searching for the perfect sandwich bread. Anybody have a good recipe?
- Also, as soon as I get through my stash of natural peanut butter I got BOGO, I'm going to put my Cuisinart to work making my own. How hard can it be?
- I've been on a cleaning binge this month. I'm approaching every room, closet and shelf with the attitude that at least 30% must go. I've been a bit of a crazy lady but the rooms I've finished feel great. PB's pleased with the results but I know he's nervous because the office is next. And I think the dog is nervous she's going to be pitched with everything else!
- Thursday night is the season premiere of So You Think You Can Dance and I'm just giddy about it.