Ten minutes ago Doc completed kindergarten and I completed my first year as a homeschooling mom. Can I get a hallelujah?
PB had the kids make thank you cards for me last night and I read them over breakfast this morning. Let me say that again... I read something my children wrote with their own hands. If someone asked me today how to teach their child to read and write I'd have to throw my hands in the air and say "I dunno". It's not a spectacular endorsement of my teaching skills, but it is a testimony to the faithfulness of God.
Do you know what else is?
- The fact that Doc signed his card with a million x's and o's in spite of the million times I told him to FOCUS.
- The fact that as I type this Doc and Obi Wan-da are working together on a building project in Doc's room - a sign of their continued status as best friends.
- The fact that Doc and Obi Wan-da didn't permanently injure one another - despite their continued status as sparring partners and chief irritants.
- The fact that I still have all my hair.
- The fact that dinner made it to the table last night.
- And finally, the fact that I'm looking forward to doing it all over again next year.