This might be the most uninteresting post ever. In fact, you'll probably want your 3 minutes back when you're done reading it. I know I've been the laziest blogger ever so here's a recap of what's been going on here:
- We started school yesterday with Doc doing 1st grade and Obi Wanda doing preschool work. We took four weeks off this summer which is one week longer than I had planned, but it was the right amount of time because I feel refreshed and the kids were ready to get to work. I'm oddly excited about studying geography with the kids this year - I'm hoping it will improve my sense of direction.
- I decided to quit typing my daughter's name as Obi Wan-da and start referring to her as Obi Wanda. That hyphen has been bugging me for about a year, but once I commit to something I have a hard time letting go - even when it's a dumb decision. God's been showing me that He wants me to cut bait on some of the dumb decisions in my life so the hyphen is the symbolic shot across the bow. Pretty dramatic, right?
- I went to the eye doctor last month and picked out new frames for the first time in 9 years. The ones I selected were kind of funky/trendy and I picked them out by myself so I spent the two weeks I waited for them worrying that I would look like Elton John in the "I'm Still Standing" video. Turns out they are pretty cool so I might end up wearing them more than I wear my contacts.
- I just went to YouTube to upload the "I'm Still Standing" video and, uh, I must not have been very observant in the 80's. I'm not posting the video.
- PB and I took the kids to see "Up" this summer and they totally freaked out over the dogs chasing Mr. Fredricksen and Russell so we left before the movie was over. We had to go back on a date night and finish it - I think I'll probably cry the next time I see a bunch of balloons.
- We're so loving SYTYCD this season and I just don't know who my favorite is. Ade had an amazing solo last week so he may ultimately be the one I'm rooting for.
- Hey, do you want to see a picture of my super cool, now I have to hang out at Starbucks glasses? Here's a picture on my sister's photo blog... scroll down because for some reason EC was more interested in the kids enjoying VBS than my glasses.
- Did you know that when you slip and fall on a lego you can get a lego imprint in your chin? Did you know that imprint can last for a couple of days? It can.
- I missed my one year blogging anniversary on May 24. It would have been a great excuse to make cupcakes.