Just woke up to an all out brawl over who gets to put an angel on the Advent calendar... nothing like a smackdown beside the manger to get you in the mood for Christmas.
- The choir musical is Saturday and Sunday with 3 shows in all, so that's 3 opportunities to see me in all my jazz-hand finery. I don't want to give too much away, but there might be a few box steps thrown in too. Who said Baptists don't dance?
- Actually, I'm so thankful for how the Lord has blessed me through the choir that I'm gonna get up there and boogie right out my comfort zone with a big old smile on my face.
- PB is on lighting duty this week which means 8-10 hour preparation every night this week. That's after putting in a full day of work so I'm expecting to have a comatose husband on Monday. The guy who's actually doing the lighting design has worked with David Crowder, Chris Tomlin and Steven Curtis Chapman, but my favorite item on his resume is that he worked on Solid Gold. Man, that makes me want to pull out my sister's gold lame' prom dress and crimp my hair. Doc can't wait to watch his dad's "cool tricks".
- Without the ' lame' is just lame.
- Actually it's lame even with the '.
- We're on a 3 day a week school schedule for the next couple of weeks. Last year I tried taking the month of December off and that was a huge mistake so this year we're just attempting a lighter load so we can still make time for the fun seasonal stuff. Clearly we need to do more work on getting a proper attitude about the Advent.
- There's been a lot of talk about heaven around here following the death of one of the kindest men you'll ever meet. Obi Wanda is convinced we'll be wearing sandals in heaven. The kids were very excited about our new "never get sick or hurt" bodies when Ella explained that the reason we get new bodies is that right now we're in our "disobeyin' bodies". True words, my friends.
- This year I'm working on my "Christmas Shoes" trigger finger. I'm working on changing stations in less than one second.
- All 3 of my favorite teams on the Amazing Race have gone home (I'd tell you who, but PB hasn't seen last week's episode) so Sunday will be about watching everybody come unhinged. I much prefer it when I have a team to root for all the way to the end.