Thursday, December 3, 2009

Random Random Updates

Just woke up to an all out brawl over who gets to put an angel on the Advent calendar... nothing like a smackdown beside the manger to get you in the mood for Christmas.


I think I can officially say that my status as a flaky blogger is here to stay. I just can't seem to get it together so "say hello to your fickle friend" (in your best Al Pacino voice). We're in the middle of our Christmas concert week so it's super busy at the treehouse this week. A brief and random update:

  • The choir musical is Saturday and Sunday with 3 shows in all, so that's 3 opportunities to see me in all my jazz-hand finery. I don't want to give too much away, but there might be a few box steps thrown in too. Who said Baptists don't dance?
  • Actually, I'm so thankful for how the Lord has blessed me through the choir that I'm gonna get up there and boogie right out my comfort zone with a big old smile on my face.
  • PB is on lighting duty this week which means 8-10 hour preparation every night this week. That's after putting in a full day of work so I'm expecting to have a comatose husband on Monday. The guy who's actually doing the lighting design has worked with David Crowder, Chris Tomlin and Steven Curtis Chapman, but my favorite item on his resume is that he worked on Solid Gold. Man, that makes me want to pull out my sister's gold lame' prom dress and crimp my hair. Doc can't wait to watch his dad's "cool tricks".
  • Without the ' lame' is just lame.
  • Actually it's lame even with the '.
  • We're on a 3 day a week school schedule for the next couple of weeks. Last year I tried taking the month of December off and that was a huge mistake so this year we're just attempting a lighter load so we can still make time for the fun seasonal stuff. Clearly we need to do more work on getting a proper attitude about the Advent.
  • There's been a lot of talk about heaven around here following the death of one of the kindest men you'll ever meet. Obi Wanda is convinced we'll be wearing sandals in heaven. The kids were very excited about our new "never get sick or hurt" bodies when Ella explained that the reason we get new bodies is that right now we're in our "disobeyin' bodies". True words, my friends.
  • This year I'm working on my "Christmas Shoes" trigger finger. I'm working on changing stations in less than one second.
  • All 3 of my favorite teams on the Amazing Race have gone home (I'd tell you who, but PB hasn't seen last week's episode) so Sunday will be about watching everybody come unhinged. I much prefer it when I have a team to root for all the way to the end.
So that's the doings around here. I hope you guys have a great day!

4 comments:

Lisa Hellier said...

Goody, goody, goody. I love to comment on the random. It's my primary communication tool I'm realizing.

So wish I lived close enough to see jazz hands and a box step. I'd throw out another disc attempting such primo diva moves. Have a blast there.

Ditto on a relaxed schedule. Altho' Nov. was our month of heydey. We're actually trying to do some catch up on school in Dec. I'll have more days at home than I did in Dec. Weird.

Love the disobeyin' bodies line. I'll be using that one. Is it under patent?

Aaack & double aaack on "Christmas Shoes"! And here I thot I was the only one who couldn't stomach that song. Whew. I'll fully join your club now.

I missed the last AR too, but I know who went home. So sad. I'm ok with the Barbie pair. Just enjoyed that other team more. Bah on the brothers. Hope they're left on a plane somewhere arguing about their childhoods.

Glad to see you back--even if it's only for a bit. I'll even take flaky 'cuz you make me laugh when you blog. Thanks.

Becks said...

Lol, love the "disobeyin" bodies..so true!

and if i hear christmas shoes this year, i will completely come unhinged.. that darn song makes me cry like a 2 year old...

Cheryl said...

okay... I'm gonna have to check out this Christmas shoes, I'm really not sure what it is!

ohhh... I like the disobeyin' bodies description too... gonna file that one!

Tiffany said...

I can't stand Christmas Shoes either and "Christmas Makes Me Cry," is right behind it! Give me some Dominic the Donkey any day!
Love your random update!

 
Template by yummylolly.com