A few musings from the first week of the year...
- It's been cold here in the sunshine state and I mean COLD. I used to ask God why, why, why did He decide I have to live in Florida when there are much prettier places to live. I now have my answer: productivity. All I want to do in this cold (the 30's!) is sit around in stretchy pants drinking hot chocolate while I read a book.
- I bought a pair of those Skechers Shape Ups that are supposed to lift and firm and do all sorts of miraculous things to your backside just by wearing them to the grocery store to buy Oreos. I'm not sure how much rearranging they've done to my derriere, but they sure are comfy and a whole lot of ugly.
- Last night at choir we broke up into small groups for a time of prayer and I spent time praying for a woman who's husband has been out of work for a while. I prayed for continued provision, I prayed for wisdom, I prayed for encouragement and I prayed using the WRONG NAME. Many times. This dear woman was gracious, but I have felt like a heel all day long. Is there a spiritual gift in remembering names? If so, could I please have it?
- We're getting ready to tackle a major home improvement project that has been gnawing at us for years. We're ripping up the carpet in our family room and office area and putting in laminate. When we're finished we'll be a carpet-free household and I could not be more excited. We're also painting our groovy wood paneling so our currently tomb-like family room will end up being a bright, happy space. I'm seriously considering having a bonfire with the carpet. I had a bit of a panic attack today when PB and I were discussing where to relocate our furniture during the project: where will we plug in the TiVo??? We're talking about a week of TV including the return of Chuck. PB is working on a remedy.
- Rose Bowl tonight and I don't care a lick who wins, but if backed into a corner I'd say Texas because Colt McCoy seems like a nice boy. I made french onion dip for the occasion and I have to say I have a love/hate relationship with whoever decided to mix Lipton onion soup mix with sour cream. I would LOVE to eat an entire 16 oz carton in one sitting, but I HATE what it does to the lower portions of my body (see Skechers Shape Ups above).
- Last weekend the kids were at my parent's house watching Bambi and Obi Wanda started to get upset about Bambi's mom getting shot. Doc comforted her by assuring her that everything was okay because the movie was about Bambi and not his mom. I'm still struggling with that one.
That's all for now. I hope everyone had a great Christmas and New Year (oh yeah, I'd recap ours but too much time has passed - it was nice).