Friday, October 3, 2008

Yes, I inhaled...

... and no, I should not have operated heavy machinery.

This little virus, or whatever you want to call it, has knocked me for a loop.  In addition to all the cootie induced fun I've been having, yesterday I had a crazy reaction to a nose spray the doctor prescribed.  Not having been a drug user myself, I only have tv as a frame of reference, but I think I looked like one of those whacked out police informants you see on those Homicide shows.  My eyes were completely bugged out, there was ringing in my ears and I had the attention span of a gnat - maybe even less.

It would have been bad enough if the "buzz" had hit while I was at home, but it didn't.  I was in the car on the way to the grocery store.  PB's car has been acting a little funny lately and decided to stall in the grocery store parking lot.  My brain was so spaced out that it hit me in slow motion that, "ooooh myyyyyy gooooodnessssss, the caaaaar staaaaaallllleedddd."  Coast into parking space.  Stop. Blink. Blink. Stare at the steering wheel.  My head feels funny.  Blink. Blink.

At this point I should say that no, my children were not with me.  And yes, in hindsight I should not have been driving.  Of course, praise the Lord, no one got hurt.  And absolutely, I'll never let it happen again.

Back to the story...

After parking the car I turned on the engine to see if the car would start and it did.  Great!  So I called PB (the responsible adult who was home with the children) and arranged for him to meet me at the mechanic.  Knowing I had a few minutes to kill I decided to go ahead and do my grocery shopping.  Not good.  Sensory overload. Bright lights, too many choices... I bought Hot Pockets.  I never buy Hot Pockets.

I made it to the mechanic before PB so I had to explain what was going on with the car.  The mechanic (a woman, cool right?) proceeds to tell me a list of options of what she can do to the car.  Blink. Blink.  I literally grabbed my head to make it stop.  She looks at me and says, "PB's coming?  I'll go over it with him."

Yes.  I was a regular after school special.

Anyway, $400 and a good night's sleep later the car is fixed, my buzz is gone and the nose spray is in the trash.

How's everybody else doing?

1 comments:

Cheryl said...

First... Praise God you are okay (and everyone else too though you wouldn't have known you'd react that way... thank You Lord for Your mercies in every form....)

and second... ROLLING! "I bought Hot Pockets" ba-ha-ha!!

 
Template by yummylolly.com